Iron is present is a very small quantity in the human body, in normal cases, about 6 Grams. However, Iron is one of the most important of the elements in nutrition and is of fundamental importance in supporting the human body.
For the lay-person the primary functions of Iron, in simple terms can be classified as under:
1] Carrying Carbon-Dioxide to the Lungs for Exaltation.
2] Prevents Anemia.
3] Iron forms a part of the red pigment known as Hemoglobin, which is responsible for giving Blood its red color. It is also the medium for carrying Oxygen to the Tissues.
Foods rich in Iron
Liver and other edible Organs are the richest Sources of Iron.
Milk contains very little quantity of Iron.
Nuts, Meat, Whole Meal Cereals, Dried Pulses, Eggs, Prunes, Raisins and Leafy Vegetables, especially Spinach and Turnip Tops are rich sources of Iron.
- Amazing Benefits of Keeping Tortoise At Home in Marathi
- Importance, History And Significance Of Floor Rangoli In Marathi
- Dahi-Bhat (Curd Rice) Khanyache Chamatkari Arogya Dai Fayde in Marathi
- Simple Homemade Eggless Suji-Atta Noodles Recipe In Marathi
- Zatpat Easy Wheat Flour Burfi No Milk No Khoya Recipe In Marathi