Tamarind water or Imli Ka Pani as it is called in Hindi or Chincheche Pani in Marathi is extensively used in Indian cooking to get a sour taste and add flavor to the food. It is more popular in South India as a lot of dishes like Rassam and Sambar make the use of Imli Ka Pani.
It is also an integral part of many fast food items and snacks like Pani Puri or Samosas and Batata Vadas, which are sometimes served with Imli Ki Chutney.
In this article, I have described a most simple and easy method to prepare Tamarind Water in your home. The Marathi language version of the same recipe is published in the article – Here
I lime size lump of Tamarind
2 cups drinking water
Heat about 2 cups of water in a small utensil and then remove it from the flame and add the Tamarid to it and let it cool down for approximately 10 minutes.
Then squeeze the Tamarind and strain the water into a cup using a fine strainer.
The Tamarind water is ready to use.
If you require a more sour taste, increase the quantity of Tamarind.
The Tamarind preparation given above is equal to approximately the juice of two limes [Nimboo] or half a cup of Vinegar.
You can add Sugar to the Tamarind water in order to get a sweet and sour taste.
- Restaurant Style Kolhapuri Mixed Vegetable Bhaji Recipe in Marathi
- Eggless Sugarless Banana Oats Muffins Recipe in Marathi
- Tasty Strawberry Marble Cake Recipe in Marathi
- Eggless Tutti Frutti Cake without Butter in Pressure Cooker Recipe in Marathi
- Make Cake in Tea Mug in Microwave in 2 Minutes Recipe in Marathi