This is a recipe for making at home typical Jain Style Spinach Makhana Subji or Palak Makhana Gravy/ Curry without making the use of onion, ginger or garlic.
This Palak Makhana Gravy is prepared using Spinach Puree and Tomato Puree along with milk, cream and some selected spices.
The Marathi language version of the same Makhana Gravy recipe can be seen here – Jain Palak Makhana Gravy
Preparation Time: 45 Minutes
Serves: 4 Persons
2 Cups Spinach Puree
1 Small Tomato
½ Cup Makhana (lotus seeds)
1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
½ Teaspoon Garam Masala
½ Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
¼ Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
2 Green Chilies
1” Cinnamon Stick
2 Tablespoon Milk
1 Table spoon Fresh Cream
1 Teaspoon Ghee
Salt as per taste
Preparation: Wash the Spinach Leaves, boil them, keep them aside for cooling.
While grinding Spinach add the Turmeric Powder, Green Chilies and prepare the Puree.
Boil the Tomatoes and prepare the Tomato Puree.
Roast the Makhana and keep them aside.
Heat the Ghee in a Kadai and add the Cumin Seeds, Tomato Puree and saute for about a minute.
Then, add the Spinach Puree, Salt, Red Chili Powder, Garam Masala, Cinnamon Powder, Milk and cook for 2-3 minutes on a slow flame.
Then, add the Fresh Cream and Makhana and cook for 2-3 minutes on a slow flame.
Serve the Spinach Makhana Curry with Paratha or Jeeera Rice.
- Healthy Pan Cakes Nashta for Children Recipes in Marathi
- Restaurant Style Cauliflower Bhaji using Secret Masala in 10 Minutes Recipe in Marathi
- Mahashivratri 2020 Muhurat Special Thandai Recipe in Marathi
- Chilled or Hot Lemonade Coffee for Weight Loss Recipe in Marathi
- Make Espresso Honey, Caramel and Cinnamon Coffee Without Machine in Marathi