This is a simple and easy to follow recipe for making the wholesome Maharashtrian main course Rice and Gram Four Dish, which is called Pithla Bhaat in the Marathi language. Pithla Bhaat is part of the e diet of the common folks in Maharashtra.
The preparation method given by me is in the authentic and traditional Maharashtrian Style of Cooking. The Pithla Bhaat goes nicely with Papad, Chutney or Pickle.
Maharashtrian Style Pithla Bhaat Preparation Time : 30 Minutes
Serving : 4 Persons
Two cups Rice
One cup Gram Flour [Besan] Three-Four Green Chilies [Hirvi Mirchi] ½ Cup Coriander – Kothimbir [Chopped] Salt as per taste and requirement
Pure Ghee for taste
For the Tadka
One tablespoon Cooking Oil
One teaspoon Mustard Seeds [Mohari] On teaspoon Cumin Seeds [Jeera] ¼ teaspoon Asafoetida [Hing] Six-seven Curry Leaves [Kadipatta] ¼ teaspoon Turmeric Powder [Haldi]
Cook the Rice in a Pressure Cooker by adding Four Cups Water.
In a utensil add the Beasn and Two Cups Water and mix is well.
In a Kadai heat the Oil and prepare Tadka by adding all the ingredients listed under Tadka.
Then add Salt as per taste and the Besan Mixture and mix it well and pour over the Cooked Rice and cook for five to ten minutes on a slow flame.
While serving garnish with the Coriander leaves and Pure Ghee.
- Tasty Spicy Moong Dal Paratha For Kids Tiffin Recipe In Marathi
- How To Make Kharvas With Cheek And Its Amazing Benefits In Marathi
- Tin Chamche Tupat Delicious Chana Dal Halwa Recipe In Marathi
- Parijat Flower (Night Jasmine) Importance And Medicinal Benefits In Marathi
- Perfect Motichoor Ladoo Without Ladle Recipe In Marathi