This is a Recipe for Rice Coconut Kheer [ Naralachi Kheer or Nariyal Kheer ]. This kheer preparation using rice and coconut as the main ingredients is famous in Maharashtra and prepare on a festival on Narali Purnima.
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Serves: 4 Persons
¼ Cup Ambemohar Rice
½ Cup Coconut (grind in mixer)
½ Liter Milk
1 ½ Cup Sugar
4 Pieces Green Elaichi[Green Cardamom] grind
3 Almonds (grounded)
1 Tea spoon Ghee
4-5 sticks Saffron
Wash the Rice & drain the water and keep aside for 1 hour and then grind to a coarse powder.
Boil the Milk
Heat the Ghee in a frying pan and then add the Rice powder and fry on a slow sim till color changes in to pink.
Then add the Coconut powder and fry on a slow sim for 2-3 minutes.
After that add the Milk and boil for 5-7 minutes keep stirring at regular intervals.
Then add the Sugar and mix it nicely and cook for 10 minutes on a slow sim, then add Almonds, Saffron & Elaichi powder.
Serve hot with Puris
The Marathi language of the Naral Tandalachi Kheer can be seen in this – Article
- Maharashtrian Style Tilachi Chutney Recipe in Marathi
- Restaurant Style Kolhapuri Mixed Vegetable Bhaji Recipe in Marathi
- Eggless Sugarless Banana Oats Muffins Recipe in Marathi
- Tasty Strawberry Marble Cake Recipe in Marathi
- Eggless Tutti Frutti Cake without Butter in Pressure Cooker Recipe in Marathi