This is a simple to follow step-by-step Recipe for making at home authentic and traditional Maharashtrian Style Potato Kis [Batatyacha Kis].
This is a special dish prepared using shredded potatoes as the main ingredient, which is prepared on a fasting day as Upvasacha Faral or on other days for Breakfast.
Preparation Time- 25 Minutes
Serves- 2 Person
½ Kg Potatoes (Pealed Shredded and soaked in water for 2-3 minutes. Then drain the water and keep aside)
½ Cup Peanuts (Fry and remove the skin and grind in to a thick powder)
4 Green Chilies (cut in medium size)
½ Lemon Juice
1 Tea spoon Sugar
¼ Cup Coriander
¼ Cup Coconut (Shredded)
Salt to Taste
1 Table spoon Ghee
1 Tea spoon Jeera
6-7 Kadipatta Leaves
Heat the Ghee in a frying pan and then add the Jeera, Kadipatta Leaves and Green Chilies.
Then add the shredded Potatoes and mix well and keep a lid on the pan for 2 minutes on a slow sim.
Then add the Lemon juice, Peanut powder, Salt, Sugar and Lemon Juice and then cook for 2-3 minutes.
While serving decorate with Coconut and Coriander.
- Maharashtrian Style Tilachi Chutney Recipe in Marathi
- Restaurant Style Kolhapuri Mixed Vegetable Bhaji Recipe in Marathi
- Eggless Sugarless Banana Oats Muffins Recipe in Marathi
- Tasty Strawberry Marble Cake Recipe in Marathi
- Eggless Tutti Frutti Cake without Butter in Pressure Cooker Recipe in Marathi