This is a Recipe for Typical Bengali Fish Curry, fish preparations, especially prepared with fresh water fish are extremely popular in the state of Bengal. This fish curry dish is prepared in the traditional Bangla Style of cooking and has been simplified and put into a step-by-step manner to make the preparation of this fish gravy as simple and easy as possible.
White Fish about half a Kilogram
Three Cloves Garlic
1 cup of Tamarind Water [ Imli Ka Pani] 1 Teaspoon Ginger
¼ Teaspoon Chili Powder [Lal Mirch] ½ Teaspoon Turmeric Powder [Haldi] 1 cup of Yoghurt [Dahi] 2 Tablespoon Mustard Oil [Sarson ka Tel] ½ Teaspoon Fenugreek Seeds [Methi Seeds] 2 Teaspoon Salt
½ Bunch Fresh Corianders
One Lemon (juice)
Clean the fish and cut it into medium sized pieces and keep it aside. Then slice the tomatoes and keep them aside.
Crush the garlic and mix it with the tamarind water and then add the ginger and mix it nicely.
Put the fish pieces into a bowl and then add the chili, turmeric and dahi and keep it aside for about 30 minutes.
Heat the mustard oil in a utensil and add the fenugreek seeds and fry them until they are browned.
Then add the contents of the bowl [fish] along with the coriander leaves and salt as per your liking and let it simmer gently for about 10 minutes.
Lastly add the lemon juice.
The Bengali fish curry is ready.
- Healthy Pan Cakes Nashta for Children Recipes in Marathi
- Restaurant Style Cauliflower Bhaji using Secret Masala in 10 Minutes Recipe in Marathi
- Mahashivratri 2020 Muhurat Special Thandai Recipe in Marathi
- Chilled or Hot Lemonade Coffee for Weight Loss Recipe in Marathi
- Make Espresso Honey, Caramel and Cinnamon Coffee Without Machine in Marathi