This is a typical Maharashtrian Recipe for Jhunka. Jhunka originated from the villages of Maharashtra and is now gaining popularity in cities. Tastes great with Lasan Chutney.
200 Gram Channa Dal
5 Medium – sized Onions
1 Table spoon each of Coriander, Cumin and Chili powder
¼ Tea spoon Turmeric powder
6 to 8 Garlic flakes
1 Centimeter piece Ginger
3 Green Chilies
½ Table spoon Sugar (optional)
½ Bunch Coriander chopped
2 Table spoon Cumin
Salt to taste
For the Seasoning
½ Tea spoon Mustard Seeds, a pinch Asafetida
½ Lemon Juice
2 Table spoon grated Coconut.
Soak Dal for 12 hours. Grind to a rough paste with a grinding stone. Chop the Onions finely. Make a paste of the Garlic and Ginger and add Cumin, Coriander and red Chilies.
Rub the paste into the Dal. Add more Chili powder, Turmeric, Salt and Sugar. Heat Oil in a frying pan. Add Asafetida, Cumin and Mustard and cook till they splutter. Add Onions. Stir till brown. Add the Dal mixture and stir vigorously. Add water and cook till the Dal is dry. Garnish with Coriander, lime and grated coconut. Serve hot with Jawar Roti.
- Easy Nutritious Gajar Matar (Carrot Green Peas) Bhaji In Marathi
- Gajar Halwa without Grated In Marathi
- Nutritious Carrot Chutney or Pachadi Recipe In Marathi
- Zatpat Peru Pudina Chutney | Guava Chutney | Amrud Chutney Recipe In Marathi
- Tasty Spicy Peruchi (Guava) Ambat-God Tikhat Bhaji Recipe In Marathi