This is a recipe for preparing Kandyachi or Onion Thalipeeth. Thalipeeth is a traditional Maharashtrian snack recipe, which is specially prepared for breakfast or as an afternoon Snack.
4 Big size Onion (Fine cut)
7-8 Green Chilies
6-7 Flaks of Garlic
½ of Ginger
A handful of Coriander leaves (cut in small pieces)
1 Tea spoon full of Jeera and a Pinch of asafetida
Grate Onion and keep it aside. Take green Chilies and other ingredients. Grind them to smooth paste, when Onion begins to water add that much sieved Jawar flour which soaks in the Onion water. Don’t add water. Add Chili paste, Salt to taste, little sugar and knead well. Make medium sized round ball.
Smear a tawa with Oil and heat it. Spread a thick cloth on a flat surface. Put 1 ball, pat it on the cloth & spread it. When tawa is heated properly keep a Thalipith on it. And add little Oil around the Thalipith. When it turns brown turn it upside down and bake it well. Serve it hot with either curds or butter.
Note: (Try mixed Thalipeeths also. For that take … 2 parts of Jawar, 1 part of Bajra. ¼ part of Gram Dal, ¼ part of black gram dal. Clean them and prepare flour. Thalipiths prepared by this flour in above method are also tasty and nutritious to school children.)
- Jabardast Fresh Matar Nashta Recipe in Marathi
- Healthy Pan Cakes Nashta for Children Recipes in Marathi
- Restaurant Style Cauliflower Bhaji using Secret Masala in 10 Minutes Recipe in Marathi
- Mahashivratri 2020 Muhurat Special Thandai Recipe in Marathi
- Chilled or Hot Lemonade Coffee for Weight Loss Recipe in Marathi