This is Recipe for Sweet Potato Toffee [Ratalyachi God Vadi], a Maharashtrian sweet prepared from sweet-potatoes, suitable for the days of fasting.
2 Medium size Sweet Potatoes
1 Cup Sugar
1 Tea spoon Cardamom Powder
½ Cup Ghee (Dalda) for frying
Wash and boil the Sweet Potatoes (boil 3/4) then peel and keep them aside for 10-15 minutes. Cut the Sweet Potatoes in a round slices shapes.
In a medium size pan add the Sugar and 2 table spoon water and prepare a thick Sugar Syrup on a slow flame.
Heat the Ghee in a Kadhai and deep fry the Sweet Potato slices until its color changes into light brown.
Then add the fried Sweet Potato slices into the Sugar Syrup and cook them for two-three minutes on a slow flame.
The Marathi language version of the same recipe can be seen in the article – Here
- Pune Sweet Delicious Strawberry Mastani Recipe In Marathi
- 15 Popular Ukhane for Wedding and Festivals in Marathi
- Mantra for Beauty and Glowing Complexion in Marathi
- Maharashtrian Bhogichi Bhaji for Makar Sankranti Recipe in Marathi
- Healthy and Nutritious Maharashtrian Dinkache Ladoo Recipe in Marathi