This is a Recipe for preparing at home the most popular and famous Dagdi Pohe Shahi Chivda. This is a special Maharashtrian Diwali Faral recipe, which is prepared using dry-fruits and much in demand during the festival season.
Preparation Time: 45 Minutes
Serves: 500 grams
½ Kg Thick Dagdi Poha
¼ Kg Ground nuts
100 Gram Dry Coconut (cut in thin pieces)
50 Gram Raisins
100 Gram Cashew nuts
Red Chili powder, Grounded Sugar and Salt to taste
1 Tea spoon Coriander seeds powder
Oil for deep frying the Poha
Heat the Oil in a Kadhai and deep fry the Poha and then spread it out on a news paper so that the excess oil is absorbed.
After that deep fry separately the Ground nuts, Coconut and Dry fruits and mix it all in to the Poha.
Then add Red Chili powder, Grounded Sugar and Salt and mix it well.
Store it in an airtight container.
The Marathi language recipe of the same Chiwda can be seen here – Shahi Chiwda for Diwali Faral
- 15 Popular Ukhane for Wedding and Festivals in Marathi
- Mantra for Beauty and Glowing Complexion in Marathi
- Maharashtrian Bhogichi Bhaji for Makar Sankranti Recipe in Marathi
- Healthy and Nutritious Maharashtrian Dinkache Ladoo Recipe in Marathi
- Muhurat, Haldi Kumkum, Bornahan Makar Sankranti 2020 in Marathi