This is a Recipe for making at home typical Maharashtrian Style Carrot or Gajar Ki Sabji. This is simple, yet wholesome and filling vegetable preparation, which can be prepared during the carrot season. The Gajar Ki Sabzi can be served with Chapatti or Rice.
The Marathi language version of the same vegetable preparation can be seen here – Maharashtrian Gajar Bhaji
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Serves: 4 Persons
250 Gram Carrot
¼ Cup Coconut (grated)
1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
2 Green Chilies (chopped)
Salt and Sugar as per taste
1 Tablespoon Gram Dal
1 Tablespoon Oil
Wash and clean the Carrots and cut them into round shaped slices.
In a Pressure cooker add the Carrot pieces, Gram Dal, some Water and then cook for 5-7 Minutes. Remove the cooked Carrot and keep them aside.
Heat the Oil in a pressure cooker and add the cooked Carrot, grated Coconut, Green Chilies, Salt, ½ cup Water and cook for 2-3 minutes on a slow flame.
White serving add the Lemon Juice, Sugar and mix it well.
Serve hot with Chapati.
- Healthy Pan Cakes Nashta for Children Recipes in Marathi
- Restaurant Style Cauliflower Bhaji using Secret Masala in 10 Minutes Recipe in Marathi
- Mahashivratri 2020 Muhurat Special Thandai Recipe in Marathi
- Chilled or Hot Lemonade Coffee for Weight Loss Recipe in Marathi
- Make Espresso Honey, Caramel and Cinnamon Coffee Without Machine in Marathi