This is a Recipe for preparing at home typical Maharashtrian Style Kelyache Shikran. Kelyache Shikran is a very simple dish of Mashed Banana and Milk.
Kelyache Shikran is consumed by most common folks in Maharashtra because of its cost effectiveness and the simplicity and ease of preparing it at home. Shikran – Poli is a basic diet of many common folks.
Kelyache Shikran is a rich source of Vitamins and Proteins and is a healthy and nutritious food, especially for growing children.
Normally Kelyache Shikran is prepared using only Sugar as the third ingredient but to enhance its taste and flavor, I have added Vanilla essence and Elaichi Powder to the list of ingredients.
Kelyache Shekran Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Serves: 4 Persons
Six Yellow Banana (ripe)
½ Liter Milk
¼ Teaspoon Cardamom Powder [Elaichi Powder] or a few drops of Vanilla Essence
¼ Cup Sugar or as per your taste
Remove the skin of the Banana and cut in small pieces.
Mix the Milk, Banana, Sugar, Cardamom Powder or Vanilla Essence nicely.
The Kelyache Shikran is ready.
Serve with Chapatti.
The Marathi language version of the Kelyache Shikran preparation method is published in this – Article
- Restaurant Style Kolhapuri Mixed Vegetable Bhaji Recipe in Marathi
- Eggless Sugarless Banana Oats Muffins Recipe in Marathi
- Tasty Strawberry Marble Cake Recipe in Marathi
- Eggless Tutti Frutti Cake without Butter in Pressure Cooker Recipe in Marathi
- Make Cake in Tea Mug in Microwave in 2 Minutes Recipe in Marathi