This is a simple to implement step-by-step Recipe for preparing Homemade Ginger-Garlic Paste. Also included are simple to follow tips to make the Ginger-Garlic Paste hygienic and durable.
The Marathi language version of the same recipe can be seen here – Durable Ginger-Garlic Paste
Preparation Time: ३० Minutes
Serves: 2 Cups
1 Cup Ginger (chopped roughly)
1 Cup Garlic Cloves
¼ Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
¾ Tablespoon Oil
Wash the Ginger and Garlic separately and chop them into medium sized pieces.
First grind the Ginger for a minute with Turmeric Powder and Oil. Then add the Garlic and grind into a smooth paste. While grinding use a spoon for mixing.
After grinding remove the Ginger-Garlic Paste into a clean at tight glass bottle and then store into a refrigerator.
Please note following Tips while using Ginger-Garlic Paste.
1) Always use a clean spoon. Never let your hand touch the insides of the mouth of the bottle while you scoop the Paste.
2) Take out of the fridge only when you need to use the paste and keep it back immediately after use.
3) Turmeric Powder and Oil gives a good color and they serve as natural preservation too.
4) Store in a moisture free bottle, place a spoon. Close the lid tight and refrigerator. You can freeze Ginger Garlic Paste for months.
5) If you want to store beyond a month then add a tablespoon Vinegar and a tablespoon Olive Oil or any Oil to the above proportions.